About this course
Creating Yoga, Mindfulness & Coming of Age Circles for Tween Girls for Yoga Teachers & Therapists.
4 Week Course
Would you love to support tween girls through yoga & mindfulness?
Would you like to understand how yoga can help tween girls navigate early puberty?
This course has been designed by Elena Rui following many years of working with tween girls and their parents running regular workshops.
Empowering girls to develop body literacy. So they know their bodies, understand how they work and have sovereignty over their bodies.
By the end of this course you will have learned:
* How to hold space for 9-12 year old girls
* Practices involving props, materials and creativity in your classes
* How to use mindfulness games to help manage big emotions
* Yoga nidra and visualisation techniques that are suitable for young girls
* Techniques to help tween girls adjust to the transitions that will occur eg to secondary school & menarche (first period)
* How to create your first class and attract clients
About Your Course Leader
Elena Riu is the founder of Yoga, Buds, Yoga Blossoms & Yoga Flowers Coming of Age Circles for Girls. She also facilitates Mothers for Daughters Circles for the mothers of tween girls. She is a certified facilitator for Celebration Days for Girls, a comprehensive training in all things Periods specifically for girsl aged 10-12 years and their mothers devised by Jane Bennett. She is has certification in Mentoring Girls Circles with JOYW. She is a certified Childrens and Teens Yoga & Mindfulness Teacher and Mindfulness Trainer through Titch Nath Hahn. She originally trained with British Wheel of Yoga and has also undertaken comprehensive training in Yoga for Women's Health with Uma Dinsmore Tuli. Elena runs trainings for yoga teachers and therapists in teaching yoga, mindfulness & holding circles for tween girls and their mothers.