About this course
"I really enjoyed this course. I learnt a lot of new material to bring to my pregnancy yoga classes, it's given me a lot of new ideas and it's been wonderful to spend time with other passionate birth workers."
Rosa Davies, Attendee, Maternity Chakras Feb 2022
CPD/CE: 40 Hours
Payment plan & financial hardship discounts available contact email@example.com
- Discover the classical and modern teachings and practices of Chakra Yoga and learn how to apply Chakra Theory and practice to the Maternity Experience in this specialised professional training.
- Offer your students a clear holistic pathway through the pregnancy, birth and becoming mother/parent experience using the teachings and philosophy of the chakras.
- Trivialised by the contemporary self-development movement, the chakras teachings offer much more besides colour-coded charts and affirmations.
- You will learn ancient and modern chakra theory, how to access and work at the energy body level and how to apply chakra teachings and practices to the maternity experience so that you prepare your students in the best possible way for an empowered pregnancy, birth and postnatal experience.
- Gain insights into space holding, pleasure practices and teachings to cultivate parental empowerment, navigating modern childbirth and how to bring a spiritual dimension to your pregnancy yoga teaching.
- Inspire your personal practice, your yoga teaching and the women you serve.
The ancient chakra system with its structures of subtle energy pathways and confluence of energy centres has informed yoga practice for millennia It offers us all a truly holistic map to help us know ourselves fully and live freely.
The journey through the chakras is the Maternity journey of discovery and healing for you and your studdents along the rainbow bridge — the metaphysical bridge that connects consciousness with matter; instinct with spirit. This journey has been travelled many times by yoginis but rarely in pregnancy.
And yet pregnancy is the journey from mystery to manifestation and from instinct to transcendence. Pregnancy is transformational whether you like it or not. When consciousness is brought to the process, the transformation can be healing, empowering, integrated and stabilised. As the body expands and opens so does the heart, themind and awareness. Perceiving pregnancy and birth through the lens of the chakras enables deep insight into the multidimensional aspects of the experience and of the potential of yoga practice too.
Session 1: Intro Session - Yoga as Energy Practice, Classical & Modern History of the Chakras, The Maternal Chakra Expereince (recorded - with support material)
Session 2: Muladhara - The Pregnant Body: Beginnings & Endings (recorded with support material)
Session 3: Svadhisthana - Sexual Energy in Pregnancy & Birth (recorded with support material)
Session 4: Manipura - Maternal Power & Vulnerability - live and recorded
Session 5: Anahata - Strong of Heart: Cultivating Pregnant Community - live and recorded
Session 6: Vishuddha - Pregnancy Yoga: Articulating Silence - live and recorded
Session 7: Ajna - Preparing the Deep Mind for Labour - live and recorded
Session 8: Sahasrara - Birthing in a Spiritual Crisis - live and recorded
Session 9: Integration - The Path of Manifestation- live and recorded
"I loved the course, what a wonderful experience and sangha you created, via zoom no less. It was nurturing and nourishing and wonderful to connect with other expectant mamas in these strange times. I feel much more confident and I really noticed the shift from trepidation to excitement for my upcoming birth growing each week of the course. The penultimate class on the third eye with all of the breath work and meditation ushered me into experiencing a real sense of calm and readiness for motherhood and birth."
JG Yoga Teacher, Attendee Maternity Chakras
You will have a week to integrate each session and the entire course will be available to you on completion in your learning library.
Nadia will be with you to answer your questions every step of the way.