About this course
Yoga Therapy for Burnout, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Long-Covid – An Introduction
With Fiona Agombar and Sarah Ryan
In this CPD training you will discover unique ways to harness energy for fatigue conditions such as exhaustion, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Burnout & Long Covid with the help of yoga therapy. You will be guided through yoga practices Fiona has developed over a career supporting people with CFS.
Prana and its relationship to yoga and our energy.
- The five prānas
- The importance of working with apāna in fatigue states
- Granthis (restrictions) that can cause health problems. (obstacles that can stop prāna flowing)
- Examples of personal granthis
- A brief overview of the panca maya (kosha)
- Breath work and pranayama examples for helping fatigue and softening granthis
- Using a bhavana in relation to prāna
- The çakras and fatigue
- Fatigue and the çakras – mooladhara çakra
- The importance of creating a safe space
- Teaching somatically
- Practice with Fiona including nyāsa
- How society views fatigue – the problems of the patriarchy
- Definitions of fatigue including burnout and ME/CFS. Are there differences with Long-Covid?
- Symptoms and how these are relevant to yoga.
- The various models of stress
- The rational v emotional brain
- Polyvagal theory
- The mitochondria
- Avoiding the push-crash pattern and dealing with relapse.
- How fatigue affects a yoga practice
- The importance of micro breaks and pacing
- The role of trauma in chronic fatigue and how this affects teaching
- Finding a resource
- Practice with Sarah
- Samskara and our shadow side
- Facing our emotions and not disassociating – self-inquiry
- Self-compassion, people pleasing and boundaries.
- The major tools of yoga therapy including nyāsa, pranayama , deep relaxation and mantra
- Welcoming fatigue and symptoms with acceptance as an opportunity for self-inquiry and spiritual investigation.
- Practice with Fiona
In each week you will have the opportunity to take part in yoga practice and there will be space for questions.
It will be extremely useful for both this course and your teaching if you can read my book Yoga Therapy for Stress, Burnout and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. If you order it from the publisher Singing Dragon I’ve arranged a 20 per cent discount until the end of May for everyone in this course with the code: BURNOUT20
You will have the opportunity to have your specific questions addressed each week by Fiona Agombar.