About this course
Hi I am Jenni Stone and I will be taking you through this course "Introduction to Teaching Yoga for Cancer"
I’m very excited about having an online offering to share with you to give some insight into working with people who have had a cancer diagnosis.
This course is for you if:
- You know someone with cancer and want to be able to help them.
- You have existing students who have been diagnosed and you want to feel better equipped to continue teaching them safely.
- This is an area you would like to train in depth as a specialist yoga teacher.
- You are a cancer specialist looking to offer yoga practises to your patients.
- You would like to learn more about what other ways we can support people with cancer.
- You are looking for a new challenge
All of these are great reasons to be here! And I’m sure there are many others 😊
So why do the taster module?
- You can find out if cancer is the right area for you to be working in. It is very rewarding but also challenging and is not necessarily for everyone.
- You can work at home at your own pace around your other commitments.
- You gain CPD points for your professional membership
- You will have a better understanding of what cancer is and how treatment affects people
- You will come away with practises that you can safely share
- You will receive a list of recommended reading and resources to help you deepen your knowledge in your own time.
- You can become part of a community of yoga teachers working with cancer.
What have previous students said about the Teaching Yoga for Cancer Workshop:
“This was a thought-provoking, challenging and very informative workshop. I would recommend it for all yoga teaching professionals. Jenni has a wealth of experience in this area and delivered a very well-structured workshop that kept the group engaged the whole time”. - Jackie Childs
“Thank you Jenny, the yoga for cancer workshop was a really helpful introduction on being able to provide a safe and nurturing space for people with cancer.
A good combination of theory and practice. Your follow up notes and course details were also of high quality and very useful.
Thank you. I hope to study again with you again some time.” - Karen Noon
I am a professional yoga teacher reflexologist, qualifying with the Central London School of reflexology in 2001 with Michael and Louise Keet and with British Wheel of Yoga in 2007. In the years since I have continued to gain additional training including an oncology diploma with the Middlesex School of Complementary Medicine. I spent 2 years working in the North London Hospice and then several years at Cancerkin offering reflexology for cancer patients. I have been teaching yoga for cancer at Maggie's Royal Free for the last 8 years and have a private practise where I offer both reflexology and one to one yoga with people with cancer.
I started my yoga journey way back in the 90’s after a trip to India. Upon my return I sought out a local yoga class in London and ever since then, yoga has been the constant thread that runs through my life. Yoga is something that I return to to maintain my physical, mental and emotional health. It has helped me through all life’s challenges, birth, death, love and loss. Yoga is such a powerful tool. I have subsequently trained with many other teachers including Peter Blackaby, John Stirk and Uma-Dinsmore Tuli all of whom have informed the way I teach yoga to those with cancer.
My other big passion is women’s health and empowerment and I bring this knowledge to my work with women who have cancer.
You can find out more about me on www.jennitherapy.com