About this course
"Richard Kravetz...was fantastic and he generously shared a wealth of his knowledge and experience through both practical work and a Q&A discussion at the end. If you are remotely interested and curious about the use of chair yoga and breadth of it's benefits then this workshop is a must! (for personal use or as a facilitator). He's all about making yoga accessible for EVERYONE and his passion is infectious. Thanks Richard!"
Katt Wright, Attendee Teaching Chair Yoga: Restricted Movement with Richard Kravetz Feb 2021
"Great experience .... gave a lot of options to work with.Fun and informative, I can’t wait to start teaching chair yoga."
Philippe Lourdjane, Attendee Chair Yoga: Restricted Movement with Richard Kravetz Feb 2021.
This online course you can take in your own time will look at teaching chair yoga. Richard will give you access to 40+ chair yoga options you can share with your students.
Empower yourself with the skillset to provide adults who are less mobile an opportunity to participate in traditional yoga classes.
Chair Yoga will give you with the tools to guide the elderly or less-abled towards maintaining a degree of mobility through movement and to allow a sense of well-being through the yoga practice.
This training will focus on a variety of sitting Chair stretches and movements for people with reduced mobility or physical restrictions which may include the Elderly, Dementia, Stroke, MS, ME and a host of conditions related to ageing such as high blood pressure, arthritis, anxiety, depression and chronic pain. We will discuss lesson planning, structure and adaptations with opportunity to interact and ask questions.
Become a Chair Yoga Teacher:
- You will become increasingly confident in making a difference to the lives of those who experience difficulty taking part in traditional yoga classes
- Your knowledge in creating the optimum environment for classes to become engaging, interactive and supportive will evolve
- You will also learn anti-rheumatic methods to help release tension in the limbs and joints
- By the end of this morning you will have learned how to structure and plan an yoga session for adults with physical restrictions
- You will learn skills you can implement in both a one to one and group setting
- You will discover how to use various props to enhance the learning experience
- You will learn skills to help empower a less mobile person to use yoga to become physically, emotionally and psychologically stronger