About this course
Yoga Therapy for Burnout, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Long-Covid – An Introduction
With Fiona Agombar and Sarah Ryan
In this CPD training you will discover unique ways to harness energy for fatigue conditions such as exhaustion, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Burnout & Long Covid with the help of yoga therapy. You will be guided through yoga practices Fiona has developed over a career supporting people with CFS.
The videos are released weekly in this interactive course.
Prana and its relationship to yoga and our energy.
- The five prānas
- The importance of working with apāna in fatigue states
- Granthis (restrictions) that can cause health problems. (obstacles that can stop prāna flowing)
- Examples of personal granthis
- A brief overview of the panca maya (kosha)
- Breath work and pranayama examples for helping fatigue and softening granthis
- Using a bhavana in relation to prāna
- The çakras and fatigue
- Fatigue and the çakras – mooladhara çakra
- The importance of creating a safe space
- Teaching somatically
- Practice with Fiona including nyāsa
- How society views fatigue – the problems of the patriarchy
- Definitions of fatigue including burnout and ME/CFS. Are there differences with Long-Covid?
- Symptoms and how these are relevant to yoga.
- The various models of stress
- The rational v emotional brain
- Polyvagal theory
- The mitochondria
- Avoiding the push-crash pattern and dealing with relapse.
- How fatigue affects a yoga practice
- The importance of micro breaks and pacing
- The role of trauma in chronic fatigue and how this affects teaching
- Finding a resource
- Practice with Sarah
- Samskara and our shadow side
- Facing our emotions and not disassociating – self-inquiry
- Self-compassion, people pleasing and boundaries.
- The major tools of yoga therapy including nyāsa, pranayama , deep relaxation and mantra
- Welcoming fatigue and symptoms with acceptance as an opportunity for self-inquiry and spiritual investigation.
- Practice with Fiona
You will have the opportunity to have your specific questions addressed each week by Fiona & Sarah.